Special thanks to the students who performed at the football auction on Saturday Night! Thank you and Great Job!
Here is this weeks schedule for marching band!
MONDAY 8/15: Purple Day – Jazz & Guard Campus Band & Freshmen Band 4th Block Brass
TUESDAY 8/16: Black Day – Marching Band – Wear Band Shoes for class – 4th Freshmen WW’s
- Tuesday Class – Learn Part 3 Drill and review Pregame Drill – Front Ensemble Sectional
- Tuesday Night Rehearsal: ALL STUDENTS including front ensemble meet at Preston Field at 6:00 p.m. with PARADE INSTRUMENTS. Informal Uniform – Show Shirt, Black Shorts and Band Shoes. No Front Ensemble PHS rehearsal – only stadium
- Tuesday Night: 6:00 Music Sectionals WW’s, BR, Percussion – Land Of 1000 & Show Music Part 1, 2 and 3
- Tuesday Night: 6:30 – Pregame with Dance Team, Twirlers & Cheerleaders
- Tuesday Night: 7:00 – Parade Marching – 7:15 – Part 1, 2 & 3
- Tuesday Night: 8:45 – Dismiss
WEDNESDAY 8/17: Purple Day – Jazz & Guard Campus Band & Freshmen Band 4th Block Brass
THURSDAY 8/18: Black Day – Learn Part 3 Drill with music and review Pregame Drill with Front Ensemble. Parade Marching & Review Part 1 & 2.
FRIDAY 8/19: Purple Day – Jazz & Guard Campus Band & Freshmen Band 4th Block Brass
ASSEMBLY – FULL MARCHING BAND WEAR YOUR INFORMAL UNIFORM – Perform Fight Song, Cadences, Land of 1000 and Shut Up and Dance in ASSEMBLY
FRIDAY GAME DAY – No Truck
- Parents who volunteer MUST be on the volunteer list for games in order to get in FREE. You may ONLY enter the Northeast Visitor gate for FREE Admission.
- 6:00 p.m. – Meet at stadium in Informal Uniform behind band bleachers in the north end-zone near Park Hill High School. Please enter from Northeast Visitor Gate. Cases should be lined up in instrument order behind bleachers.
- 6:45 p.m. – Pregame – National Anthem, Land of a Thousand Dances & Fight Song
- 7:00 p.m. – Kick-Off – Pep Band in stands – Students dismissed at end of half-time except for Band Council Pep Band with Battery Percussion.
- 8:00 p.m. -Pregame Routine at Half-time – Land of a Thousand Dances in National Anthem Block & substitute Shut Up & Dance with Dance Team instead of Land Of a Thousand (pregame block) then Fight Song.
- Third Quarter – Break
- Fourth Quarter – Band Council Pep Band
- 9:15 p.m. – Game Ends
SATURDAY 8/20: PARKVILLE DAYS PARADE
- 8:15 a.m. – Report time at PHS in band room in informal band uniform
- 8:45 a.m. – Bus Departs for Sonic at Hwy 9 and NW 64th Street.
- 9:00 a.m. – Warm-Up at Parade Site
- 10:00 a.m. – Parade begins – plays fight song during parade
- 10:20 a.m. – Downtown Parkville Performance
- 11:00 a.m. – Return to Park Hill South HS – Parents may take students from parade site however, I must see you to release the student or they will have to return on the buses.
Dr. Miller, Band Director