Hello Band Families:
Congratulations to all the jazz band students who participated in the All-District Jazz Band performance at the Gem Theatre on Saturday.
TONIGHT, Monday Nov 19th is Cappuccino Night in the Commons at PHS. This is our big Jazz Band fundraiser and a great way to start the Thanksgiving week. Dinner at 6 pm – music coffee and dessert until 9 pm.
- A limited number of Dinners will still be available at the door, either chicken or brisket for $15 per person or 4 tickets for $50.
- Commemorative Jazz Coffee Mugs are available for $12.
- The tradition of Fedora sales will continue, so please ensure that we get a hat on every student in the Jazz Band.
- There are some wonderful items for offer in the Silent Auction, so be sure to bid early and often.
- Dessert will be available, along with coffee and cappuccino, and donations are encouraged.
- We cannot take credit cards, so please bring cash and checks!
This is a very popular event, and last year we had standing room only. There will be a special guest trio this year, so you will want to be sure to get a great seat!
Our concert ensembles will meet on Tuesday this week. We would like to encourage everyone to come to Cappuccino Night, Monday night at 6 pm. The Jazz band has been working very hard and is going to put on a great performance. Please help us thank Dawn Cornelius for organizing event!
I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving break! This year I’m especially thankful to be a part of the Panther family. Please be safe if you’re traveling and make sure your students practice.
Decorating the Auditorium – Friday Dec 7 at 2.45 pm in the PHS Auditorium. Come and join us as we deck the halls in the auditorium in preparation for the holiday concerts. Grandparents and siblings are always welcome at this fun activity.
As always, we appreciate your gift of time and talents, and your students appreciate all you do to make our Band program across both campuses such a high-quality experience. The extra things you enable make a huge difference to your students. Everyone has something to offer, and it does take a village to raise a band
Remember to check Facebook – “Park Hill South Bands”, or our home page “www.phsouthband.com” for photos, updates and news. As always, please feel free to call or email me with questions or suggestions.
Your PIMB President
+1 816 886 8170