Hello Band Families:
Congratulations to all our students who participated in the All-State Auditions on Saturday. Congratulations in particular to Robert Traphagen, 1st Chair Trombone, All-State Jazz Band and Kiana Fernandes, 14th Chair Clarinet. Kendra Slaughter and Mercedes McGonigle received honorable mention.
Thank you to everyone who came, supported and volunteered at Cappuccino Night. It was a wonderful evening, with our PHS Jazz Band, our Alumni and Trio Cait. A very special thanks to Dawn Cornelius for all her hard work leading the effort.
All-District Band Rehearsal and Performance – Dec 6, 7 and 8. Details below from Mr. Gillespie
Winter Concerts – Mark your Calendars!
Dec 11 – 7.30 to 9 pm – PHS Bands Winter Concert, PHS Auditorium
Dec 18 – 7.30 – 9 pm, Lakeview Bands Concerts. PHS Auditorium.
PIMB Meeting – Dec 10 – 6.30 pm, all are welcome to join us in the media center at PHS.
- Please congratulate all of the students who auditioned for All-State this weekend! Especially Robert Traphagen, Kiana Fernandes, Kendra Slaughter, and Mercedes McGonigle.
- For anyone interested in participating in the All-District and All-State process, it’s never too early to start preparing. Participation in Solo and Ensemble events in the spring are a great way to develop the necessary performance skills. Students are encouraged to stay after school or come to the band room during tutorial to receive extra help with practicing. District band auditions for 2019 are 334 days away.
- Due to school being cancelled last Tuesday 12/4, the last round of Winter Guard auditions will be this Tuesday at PHS from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
- The concert ensembles will have class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this week. Please plan accordingly.
- Students participating in All-District Band should find in their folder an information packet that was provided by the district coordinator. We will be traveling to and from Lee’s Summit by bus this week to the district band events. We do ask that parents pick up their students after the concert on Saturday. Please look for a field trip form coming home this week.
- Students who were accepted to the UMKC Honor Band should register at the following link: https://info.umkc.edu/cmda-mhbo/register-for-the-festival/
Decorating the Auditorium – Thursday Dec 6 at 6pm. Please join us and help decorate the stage in preparation for the winter concerts from all our performing arts ensembles. Grandmas, Grandpas and siblings are all welcome to share in this tradition. Special request to anyone who has helped in previous years, to help lead the effort.
As always, we appreciate your gift of time and talents, and your students appreciate all you do to make our Band program across both campuses such a high-quality experience. The extra things you enable make a huge difference to your students. Everyone has something to offer, and it does take a village to raise a band
Remember to check Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Park Hill South Bands, or our home page “www.phsouthband.com” for photos, updates and news. As always, please feel free to call or email me with questions or suggestions.
Your PIMB President