PIMB meeting minutes April April 11, 2016
Meeting called to order.. Minutes approved.
Treasurer’s report--Kristi Puder. Treasurer’s report reviewed. We need a meeting with School officials about closing our PIMB account and merging with the School account. This was done with all clubs throughout the district. We had an extra year granted because of our excellent records and financial stability. We will reach out to Paul Kelly, as well as Dr. Longenecker to help with this transition.
Director’s report–Dr. Miller and Mr. Boyd
- We have a NEW BAND DIRECTOR–to join our current team. YAY!!!! Her name is Katie Wagner and she is a woodwind specialist (she plays oboe). She has a bachelors from KU and a Masters in Music as well. She will share time between Lakeview and Park Hill South just like Mr. Boyd and Dr. Miller. She currently is with the Blue Valley School District. There will be changes to the 3rd and 4th block at Lakeview to accommodate space issues. Details are not all worked out yet regarding exact schedules. We are excited to welcome her to our band program, and Lakeview in particular will really benefit from an additional director. She will team teach Concert and Symphonic Band at PHS with our current directors. Our extra percussion personnel will remain on staff as well.
- Also 9th grade band will transition out of competitive marching band in the next 2 years. This is because of anticipated space and the numbers of the growing band program. We are only able to accommodate about 150 kids in halftime show competitive marching because of uniforms, etc. Ninth grade will still participate in and learn parade marching.
- State Large Group Festival. Both Concert Band and Symphonic will play at 9 pm at Staley High School on April 14 and 15 respectively. Come support the bands!! The performances for the judges are open to the public.
- Band Room renovation to begin on May 1 at 2 pm We will move all non instrument equipment to the basement of Pediatric Care North at 152 and Platte Purchase. Volunteers will be needed to move PIMB tubs and other items–coolers, guard equipment, etc. These will also need to go back to the newly renovated band room later this summer. End of June, perhaps. Instruments are to be stored in choir and theory room over summer. Other equipment and uniforms may be stored at the school or at Central Office. We’ll need a few SUVs to help relocate equipment offsite.
- NYC trip for 2016-17. Easter weekend. Deposit paid. Auditions will happen early to help with planning for this trip.
- Percussion Concert will be 4/26. 7 pm. Come support our percussion kids!!
- Middle school is sending 39 kids to Solo/Ensemble festival May 7. High school students are tutoring after school at Lakeview for volunteer hours. This should really help the kids prepare for festival.
- 18th & Vine Jazz Festival is on Friday April 15. They will perform at 8:30 am and then return to school by 4th block. They have tickets to the Jazz Museum and will get lunch before returning to PHS. Volunteers are needed for chaperoning. Contact Mr Boyd if you’re available. Volunteers get free admission to the Jazz Museum.
Spirit Signs–.Need some repairs, but seem to be an improvement. Need to go up for State
Blues and BBQ–Date set for May 13. This is Senior Night for Jazz Band. Jeff and Lynn Anderson are working with Mr. Boyd. Catering to provide meals. Tickets will be ordered on-line like last year using Pay Pal. We will need 10-12 volunteers to help with set up and teardown. Also dessert volunteers needed. An email and sign up will go out.
Drive 4 UR School–. Our final number of drivers was 265. This was short of the 300 goal we had, but still a good turnout. We have gift cards for parents of students that recruited the most drivers. Some are still frustrated that with the number of kids in the band program, that we did not meet the full goal. Ideas for next year discussed. Thanks to all who drove and volunteered!!
Senior Night– This will follow the May 9 spring concert and serves as a celebration of our Seniors. They will come up on stage and announce their after-high school plans as well as receive senior awards. There will be a cupcake reception afterwards in the Commons. Seniors usually bring their picture boards from Marching band Senior night. There will be signing boards for memories. The night will start out with a video montage that Sindie Pugsley will put together. It is a great time!
Other Business: Election of Officers for Next Year 2016-17
President Sally Boster
Secretary Krissy Ringo (Lakeview Mom!)
Co -Vice Presidents Lisa Urmacher, Lynn Anderson
Treasurer Barb Littrell Co Treasurer–Kristen Harris
Volunteer Coordinator – Tom Harris
No PIMB meeting in May.
Executive meeting of current officers and new officers– This will be June 9 at Sally Boster’s house, tentative time 6 pm. More details to follow. This will be to review budget for 2016-17.