This is another busy week. Students should look over all the information regarding the concert tomorrow night. Winter Guard students will default to instructions given to them by Mrs. Watson. Please note that this concert was originally listed in the beginning of the year on charms as a Concert Band and Symphonic Band event, but we decided to showcase all of our students on this concert. As with the winter concert, we will try to keep the transitions to a minimum and to have everyone on their way home well before 9:00pm.
Please note that we’re missing a significant number of Letter of Intent forms from Concert and Symphonic band students for next year. They were handed out two weeks ago to students. If you haven’t signed this form yet, please help them remember that it was due last Friday.
- Call Time/Warm up 7:00pm
- Winter Guard – Stage
- Campus Band – Choir Room
- Concert Band – Band Room
- Symphonic Band – Theater Room
- Concert Starts 7:30pm
- Happy Testing Day
- Band room open for Solo & Ensemble prep until 4:30pm
- PIMB meeting at 6:30pm in the Library
- Please do not enter through the band room, Orchestra has a concert.
- Winter Guard practice at UNION CHAPEL from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Winter Guard practice at PARK HILL SOUTH from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Winter Guard competition at Blue Springs South H.S.
Looking forward, please keep April 6 open to come participate in our annual Drive for Your School Fundraiser. We will have more specific information in a later email. This year we’re hoping to host the event at Lakeview Middle School. Please double check the location as more information becomes available. Another event that is quickly coming up is our district Solo & Ensemble on March 29 at Liberty High School. We’re still waiting on more information about scheduling.
Mr. Andrew Gillespie
Director of Bands- Park Hill South