Hello Band Families:
What a fun Friday night. Thank you to all the parents who stayed to watch the performance after the game, and thank you to the Football Team for sitting and watching our Marching Panther Band.
We have a busy few weeks ahead, with the contest in Springfield on Oct 6th, and our own Marching Festival on Oct 13th, as well as Senior night on Oct 19th.
Thank you very much for all the signups for donations for the snack bags for Saturday. Please send the items in to the band room by Wednesday. Your students will be very happy.
From the Uniform Team – Please take a look at your students’ bibbers (pants) this week. If they are too short, i.e. not touching the front of the marching shoes, please try and let down the hem. If there is no hem, or you cannot possibly find a way to let them down, please bring them to school at 5.30 before rehearsal Tuesday night and Mrs. Stone and her team will try and help. We are judged on our uniforms on Saturday, so please ask your student to hang them up on hangers and not leave them crumpled in the bottom of their garment bags. Check that they have all uniform components before they leave the house on Saturday morning!
Senior Posters – This year PIMB will be sponsoring the Senior Posters, as our gift to the Seniors. Wendy at KCLogoWare has negotiated a wonderful price for 2’ x 3’ color vinyl posters. The most attractive of the Senior photos taken by our photo team, “Face” and “Book”, have been selected, slightly retouched and edited to allow for a PHS Panthers themed background to be added (similar to those done for the Football, Cheer and Dance Team students’ banners). PIMB volunteers will hang them before the game. Parents will be free to take the posters at the conclusion of Senior Night.
Thank you to everyone who stayed to watch the band perform Friday night!
- Practice during class
- Evening rehearsal @ PHS 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Practice during class
- Practice during class
- Truck load at 3:00pm
- 7:00 am – Call Time @ PHS
- 7:15 am – Load Buses
- 7:30 am – Depart PHS
- 11:00 am – Lunch at Jordan Valley Park
- 12:00 pm – Arrive at Parkview High School
- Parkview High School 516 W. Meadowmere Springfield, MO 65807
- 1:45 pm – Perform in prelims
- If we don’t perform in finals
- 5:45 pm – Dinner at Battlefield Mall
- 6:45 pm – Depart for PHS
- 10:00 pm – Approximate return to PHS
- If we perform in finals
- ???? pm – Perform in finals
- 9:15 pm – Depart for PHS
- 12:00 am – Approximate return to PHS
- Saturday will be a long day. Please encourage students to get plenty of sleep the night before. Lunch is provided through the trip fee, however students will need bring money to purchase their own dinner. If we don’t perform in finals, we will go the Battlefield Mall food court. If we perform in finals students will have time to eat at the concession stand at the competition. We will do our best to communicate through social media on what time we will return to PHS.
- Admission is $10 for anyone wishing to go be a spectator at the competition.
- We’re also in need of a parent who is driving down to help us by picking up our lunch order and transporting it to Jordan Valley Park. Anyone that is interested in assisting should email Mr. Gillespie.
- Students that forgot to sign up for All-District auditions need to tell Mr. Gillespie by the end of the school day on Monday 10/1/18. Please encourage students to start practicing for their audition, which is on November 3.
Field Prop Help – we will need five to seven people to set up drum major podiums and help with pit for performances. Thanks to those who have already emailed to volunteer – Breshears (2), Moline, Lanning, and Reece. Please email Lisa Uhrmacher if you are interested in our last home game, or any of the three contests.
Prop Committee – Thank you for all the donations, we have plenty of fabric for the prop team.
Park Hill/Park Hill South Marching Festival – Oct 13. We will primarily be volunteering throughout the festival in the morning, and running concessions all day. There will be jobs for students, and jobs for adults. Lettering credit is available for student volunteer. This year we are the second band to march in exhibition, at 9pm in the evening, before the awards. We will need all hands on deck at there are 15 competition bands this year, a larger number than ever before. More details to come and a sign up will be sent out as soon as we get the list from Mr. Haskill at PHHS.
Thinking ahead – Cappuccino Night is November 19th, and will include a silent auction. Please start to be on the lookout for donations from businesses you own, or frequent. Restaurant gift cards, Event tickets, Professional Services, Décor Items all make great auction items. Please e-mail Dawn Cornelius with questions Dawn_Cornelius@sbcglobal.net , more information to come.
As always, we appreciate your gift of time and talents, and your students appreciate all you do to make our Band program across both campuses such a high-quality experience. The extra things you enable make a huge difference to your students. Everyone has something to offer, and it does take a village to raise a band
Remember to check Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/ParkHillSouthBands/, or our home page “www.phsouthband.com” for photos, updates and news. As always, please feel free to call or email me with questions or suggestions.
Your PIMB President
+1 816 886 8170
Here’s the video of Friday Night’s performance https://youtu.be/TYGKtjUpHiw/