Hello Band Families:
We have a busy week ahead, including Back to School, rehearsal and Parkville Days Parade.
- Freshmen Orientation – We will NOT be performing this year.
- Evening Rehearsal – We will be starting our normal routine this week. Please meet at the stadium and by ready to go at 6:00pm. Our focus will be pre-game and the second movement. If you need anything out of the band room, please look at the timeline below.
- 4:00pm – Band room opens & the truck is loaded
- 5:15pm – Band room is closed & the truck leaves
- 6:00pm – Rehearsal
- 8:45pm – Pit begins loading
- 9:00pm – End of Rehearsal
- 9:15pm – Truck returns to the band room
- 9:30pm – Truck is unloaded and everything is put away.
- Jamboree – The Jamboree will be at PHS. The official start for the event is 6:00pm for anyone wishing to attend the event as a spectator.
- The uniform for this event is our show shirt, black shorts, and athletic shoes.
- 5:15pm – Students arrive
- 6:00pm – Start of Jamboree
- 7:30pm – End of Jamboree? (We will send out an update this week)
Parkville Days Parade – We will send out a second email on Thursday this week with more information about the Jamboree and theparade. Students should plan to arrive at the school at 8:00am for the parade.
We still have several openings for volunteers – two of which are urgent:
Truck Driver(s) – We need people to drive the truck with the percussion equipment, drum major towers, water and other rehearsal needs. The job entails picking up the truck in Parkville, driving to PHS, then to the field or competition and back, then returning the truck. For more details, please call or e-mail Lisa Uhrmacher. Here is the sign up link:
Truck Driver Assistant
Water Committee – Chair and volunteers to coordinate the preparation and loading of water coolers and water bottles for rehearsals, games and contests. We have several volunteers, we need a few more and a person to coordinate the effort. Please email Lisa Uhrmacher if you can help!
ParkvilleDays Water Crew – we need people to march with the bandm carrying water, and to set up a hydration station in Parkville Commons area before the parade starts. Sign up is here:
You will have noticed a fresh, new logo on the show shirts and website. KCLogoWare has an on-line spiritwear shop with both new and legacy logoed items. Be sure to order your spirit wear for the first game! Order deadline is Wednesday August 15. The link to the site is here:
As always, we appreciate your gift of time and talents, and your students appreciate all you do to make our Band program across both campuses such a high-quality experience. The extra things you enable make a huge difference to your students. Everyone has something to offer, and it does take a village to raise a band
Remember to check Facebook – “Park Hill South Bands”, or our home page “www.phsouthband.com” for photos, updates and news. As always, please feel free to call or email me with questions or suggestions.
Your PIMB President
+1 816 886 8170