Welcome to the 2019-2020 edition of the Park Hill South Band! I hope everyone is having a great summer. For our new members, we send out a weekly email with information about upcoming events. Please make sure to read through everything below. Our system was updated today, if you shouldn’t be receiving this email, please contact Mr. Gillespie.
- Please help us welcome Anthony Hasek to our band family! Mr. Hasek is coming to us from Poplar Bluff, Missouri. He is originally from the Kansas City area and received his Bachelors in Music Education from the University of Missouri. With the addition of a new middle school, Mr. Hasek will be assisting at Lakeview Middle and Park Hill South. Please give him a warm welcome at our Kick-Off Meeting on July 18!
- For all sections that are meeting at South tomorrow, the back parking lot will be closed. All students will need to park or be dropped off in the lower parking lot and walk to the band room.
- Our bowling event at Main Event on July 21 will be at 5:00pm. Students who attend will bowl for an hour and then receive a card to play in the arcade. Students should be picked up by 7:00pm. We ask students to bring $5.00 to help cover the cost of the event.
- Please remember that starting June 29 through the first week of July is our dead period at South. Via MSHSAA regulations, directors cannot have any official contact with students. We will try to answer any questions or situations that come up on July 8.
- If you did not receive an information packet from your student in May, please email Mr. Gillespie.
- Upcoming Events
- 7/18 – Kick-Off Meeting at 7:00pm
- 7/19 – Leadership Meeting 9:00am to 5:00pm
- 7/21 – Section Bowling! – Time 5:00pm
- Summer Camp
- 7/22 – 7/26
- 7/29 – 8/1
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on July 18! Please don’t hesitate to email with questions.
Mr. Andrew Gillespie