At the end of this post is the camp schedule that was sent out in our last email. We know last week brought some confusion with conversation of possibly delaying the start date of school, please know at this point we intend to keep this schedule.
We’re again asking for donations of breakfast foods. We’re hoping to continue to offer this for our students this year. Please double check the signup genius, as new policy has limited what we can now offer to our students.
Below is information for camp this year. As a reminder, current district policy states that only students and Park Hill School District Staff are allowed at school events. Parents are allowed to watch from your vehicle. Please review the policies below:
- Student Health
- Students who are not feeling well of have symptoms should not come to practice. Please review the link below and communicate any absence to Mr. Gillespie via email as soon as possible.
- The most important document we need by your students first day is the Permission to Participate Form. You can send a digital copy to Mr. Gillespie or have your students bring it on their first day. If we do not receive a copy of this form, we will have to ask your student to go home.
- Arrival (DO NOT REPORT TO THE BAND ROOM)
- Drop off
- We’re asking that students are dropped off in front of the football practice field. Students will then report to their section’s rally point to drop off their belongings. They will then head to the field to stand at their attendance spot. We will teach students where to go on their first day. On August 5 & 7 registration will underway during our camp hours. Please use the back gate on these days. Administration is recommending to arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to avoid traffic. Students will not have access to their band locker because we are limiting indoor time.
- Student Drivers
- We’re asking all students driving to park in the student parking lot by the academic wing. They should park on the far side away from the building to avoid interrupting the flow of registration. Students will then report to their sections rally point at the football practice field to drop off their belongings. They will then head to the field to stand at their attendance spot. We will teach students where to go on their first day. Administration is recommending to arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to avoid traffic on August 5 & 7. Students will not have access to their band locker because we’re limiting are time indoors.
- Drop off
- Rehearsal Policy
- Every student should have their own water bottle that’s large enough to last the morning. We will have plastic bottles available for students who forget or runout, but please know this is a backup and not a primary source of water. Students are not allowed to share water.
- Every student will need a mask unless they meet the exemption criteria set by the district. We will be socially distant while actively rehearsing, but students will be asked to wear masks when possible and during breaks unless they’re actively drinking water.
- Students are not allowed to play their instrument unless instructed to. We will provide as much grace as possible during camp, but this policy will be enforced at a much higher level than previous years.
- When indoors we’re asking for students not to talk unless they are asking a question. During camp we will be going inside to learn new procedures for this year. We are using this policy to avoid teachers needing to yell to address the students. Over 100 students talking can quickly become very loud if we have to suddenly go inside due to weather.
- District Policy
- As always, Park Hill School District Rules & Policies apply at all times.
- Pick Up
- Students should be picked up in front of the practice football field. We’re going to ask students to wait in their assigned area by the field until they see the vehicle picking them up.
- Student Drivers
- Students will be released in staggered intervals.
- Pick Up
July 31 8:00am to 12:00pm – Leadership only.
August 3 8:00am to 12:00pm – Color Guard, Percussion, Leadership, and all First Year Members.
August 4 8:00am to 12:00pm – Color Guard, Percussion, and Woodwinds
August 5 8:00am to 12:00pm – Color Guard, Percussion, and Brass
August 6 8:00am to 12:00pm – Color Guard, Percussion, and Woodwinds
August 7 8:00am to 12:00pm – Color Guard, Percussion, and Brass
August 10 8:00am to 12:00pm – Full Band (Everyone)
August 11 8:00am to 12:00pm – Full Band
August 12 8:00am to 12:00pm – Full Band
August 13 8:00am to 12:00pm – Full Band
Mr. Andrew Gillespie